Yesterday I flew to England for ten days of Christmas celebrations and fun! I still have some work to catch up on, but all my important projects and big deadlines have finished for the year and I am really looking forward to taking some time out and seeing my family and friends. As the year winds down and the celebrations begin I always like to take this time to think about the things I am happy about which happened during the year and what cool stuff I want to do in the year to come. Here is my what I am thankful for this Christmas…
1. Being at home with my family. Living in Italy means I don’t get to see my family very much so when I do see them it is always really special.
2. Catching up with friends. I miss my friends so much when I am not at home and I cannot wait to have a big Christmas meal together, catch up, drink wine and have fun. They are the best people I know and whenever I am with them I never stop laughing and loving life.
3. Special time with my boyfriend. Before I left for England me and my boyfriend celebrated an early Christmas dinner together. We cooked amazing food, drank champagne and opened our presents to each other. In the run up to Christmas we have both been super busy so it was so nice to have a night all about us.
4. Taking some time out to chill. I have been working really hard recently and for the next two weeks I am all about chilling, relaxing and making time for me.
5. Christmas food! As much as I love Italian food you can’t beat traditional turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes and mince pies. My Dad is a chef and he makes the BEST food over Christmas. I love it!
6. Presents! I know that sounds shallow but presents are one of my favourite thing about Christmas. Not because I love getting new stuff but because I love buying presents for my friends and family and I love seeing their reactions when they open them.
7. Having a week off in Milan when I get back from England. For the last two years I have spent the whole of Christmas and New Years in England. But this year we decided to give ourselves a break from all the visiting and moving around and spend the last week of the holidays at home in Milan. I am actually really excited to have a whole week at home with nothing planned and I want to do some major sale shopping, try new yummy restaurants and do some sight-seeing in Milan.
8. Cuddles with our new Labrador puppy – she is so cute!
9. Chilling on the sofa watching Christmas films and reading lots of books.
10. Having time to recap and review. 2015 has been amazing for me. I set up my own business as a Stylist, I did some amazing photo shoots and I worked for some really cool magazines. I feel so happy about how everything has started off and I am excited about my plans for 2016.
12. The cool magazines I have worked for. Since setting up as a freelance stylist in July I have worked with some really cool international fashion magazines. I have loved every project I have worked on and I can’t wait to start shooting again after Christmas.
13. The amazing photographers, brands, models and MUA’s I have collaborated with. I find working with new people really inspirational and this year I have been so lucky to have worked with lots of really cool and talented people.
14. Our home restyling project. When we moved into the house two years ago we decided we needed to restyle everything. This year we redecorated the living room and started on the kitchen and it feels amazing coming home to a beautiful house I love. I am a home interior addict so I can’t wait to start doing more stuff.
15. My girly weekends away. This year I had a girly weekend at the beach and a weekend away with my friends in a country cottage. I don’t get to see my friends as much as I would like to so both these holidays were so much fun and super special to me.
16. For finding the most amazing yoga class near my house and discovering how much I LOVE yoga. My teacher is amazing and this year I have learnt so much about meditation, chakras, yoga posing and strength. I never thought of myself as a sporty person before but I go to classes two or three times a week and I love it. My goal for this Christmas is to do yoga every morning to stay healthy and fit.
17. To all you lovely people who follow and read my blog. Your comments and support is amazing and really motivating and I appreciate you guys coming along for the ride.
And there we have it guys. I wish you all an amazing week of fun in the run up to Christmas and a magical Christmas Day!
Like what you read… Don’t forget to follow me on Blog Lovin!